Goal of the workshop
To embrace BorderXer as a hybrid, cross disciplinary and social justice based concept that enables the combination of art, technology and science for projects that increase safety and well being for human and non human beings.
- What is our understanding of the concept of “borders”?
- What borders exist in our life?
- Why is border crossing necessary and yet stigmatized?
- When we think about people crossing borders, who are we thinking of?
- What do we know about the border crossings happening at the US-Mexico Border?
- What do we hear about those who cross borders? What do we not hear about those crossing borders?
- What are the dehumanizing effects of mainstream narratives about borders?
- How can borders be reclaimed as conceptual spaces for liberation of our imaginations?
- How can we think of BorderXers as teachers, guides and models?
- What kind of border crossings enable us to build better and more equitable places, communities, societies and worlds?