Through our 6-hour course, Afrofuturism, participants study the history of afrofuturism, principle concepts afrofuturism, and the work of afrofuturists in art, fashion, music, literature, and cinema. Broadly, participants learn to evaluate technology and media with an attention to equity and inclusion and to imagine and contribute to the realization of new and more just futures.
- Connect your own creative work to a rich history afrofuturist contributions
- Critically evaluate technologies and media with an attention to equity and inclusion
- Perceive the socially and economically transformational potential of new technologies and media
- Imagine futures based on current trends in emerging technologies and media
- Imagine and contribute to the realization of new, more equitable and inclusive futures through your work as a technologist, futurist, and afrofuturist
- Internet Access
- Zoom software